The advantages of IP Telephony, in comparison with legacy phone systems, are fully evident. It helps cut down the monthly bills for telecom services, increase the efficiency of communication systems, add many innovative convergence features, and make your office look more modern and attractive. Let's list the benefits of the IP Telephony solution implementation, one by one and in detail.
- Free-of-charge telephone calls between the company's branches;
- No international charges for phone calls between branches in countries where the IP Telephony solution is implemented;
- Additional savings on "IP phone --> ordinary phone" calls;
- No telephony system support charges for locations where the IP Telephony system is in use for all extensions;
- Automatic Attendant could handle the calls from customers without a receptionist and transfer them to the appropriate extension;
- Using the existing LAN cable, the system saves your budget for implementation;
- Investment protection for future growth due to system flexibility and expandability.
Efficiency of Communication
Converging data and voice communications inside a single, highly reliable platform provides some very impressive features:
- Delay-free and user friendly interface
- The ability to place calls from the computer's software by simply clicking the "dial" button in your address book;
- Three levels of Directory services - Personal Address Book, Shared Address Book and Directory of all extensions;
- The ability to see the calling party's name if it is in the Directory list;
- The ability to quick-redial one of the previously dialed numbers;
- The ability to display the list of all missed calls for easy callback;
- Wifi IP Phones allow the use of IP Telephony all over the premises within WiFi coverage area;
- The ability to recieve calls that reach the remote branch as you are there;
- Advanced communication
- The ability to make conference calls between office and remote extensions;
- The ability to make meet-me-conference virtual rooms;
- Scalable Voice Mail from 4 to 16 concurrent sessions and from 12 to 120 mailboxes;
- The ability to use an Interactive Voice Responce application for business;
any many other features that increase the efficiency of employees' activity and business outcome.
Innovative Convergence Features
Technological innovation allows for the integration of IP Telephony with a personal computer, which provides the following benefits:
- Video Telephony;
- The ability to integrate with customer relationship management systems for up to 240 users;
- The ability to use your office extension like you are there, even you are far away from the office, via a Virtual Private Network over the Internet;
- An intuitive graphical user interface for easy installation, additions, moves, and changes.
It allows the use of IP Phones as terminals for other applications which are commonly separate systems, such as:
- Remote Video Surveillance or Security system terminals;
- Lighting and Dimming system control terminals;
- Airconditioning and Heating system control terminals;
- Monitoring terminal for business application.
Wide Selection of IP Phone Models
Cisco CallManager Express is a solution embedded in Cisco IOS® Software, that provides easy and affordable IP telephony capabilities for small businesses and enterprise branch offices. This solution enables the extensive portfolio of Cisco integrated service routers and multiservice access routers to deliver a robust set of telephony features commonly used by business users, while simplifying management, maintenance and operations, and lowering the total cost of ownership.
Cisco IP Phones of the 7970 series give you the option of installing extra backgrounds for the screen, which can make your office look more attractive. See this guide for detailed instructions on how to install these backgrounds.