Do you really know who's accessing your most sensitive networked information assets? Unfortunately, security built on static, reusable passwords has proven easy for hackers to beat.
RSA SecurID® two-factor authentication is based on something you know (a password or PIN) and something you have (an authenticator)—providing a much more reliable level of user authentication than reusable passwords.
- The only solution that automatically changes your password every 60 seconds
- 20-year history of outstanding performance and innovation
RSA offers enterprises a wide range of user authentication options to help positively identify users before they interact with mission-critical data and applications through:
- VPNs & WLANs
- Intranets & extranets
- Microsoft® Windows® desktops
- Web servers
- Other network resources
Hardware and Software Authenticators
This component of the SecurID system is a trinket for keys or a program displaying the current token-code and is always with the user.
There is a wide range of types of electronic tokens. Each token has built in battery with an estimated running time between 2 and 5 years depending on the type.
You can choose between following token models:
- key trinket tokens – RSA SecurID SD600 and RSA SecurID SID700.
- token RSA SecurID SD200 is similar to credit card, made of metal, 5 millimeters thick.
- token RSA SecurID SD520 has the same size as SD200, but also has a control panel. User enters pin-code on the panel and gets a combination of the pin-code and a token-code. This solution provides safety of pin-code.
- token RSA SecurID SID800 combines SID700 model and a USB flash, so it is useful for keeping authorisation keys and some data.
- token RSA SecurID SID900 is under development now. It will replace SD520 as more light, small and modern one.
Currently, there following software tokens are available:
- Work station software for Microsoft Windows;
- Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox Web-browser panel;
- Pocket PC software for Windows Mobile 2003, PalmOS, BlackBerry;
- Smart Phone software for Ericsson R380, Nokia 9210;