Companies are turning to Nokia and Cisco to drive enterprise productivity and profitability through the convergence of fixed and mobile technologies. Working together, Nokia and Cisco are able to offer comprehensive solutions, such as dual-mode business devices, applications, firewall security solutions, unified wireless and wired networking, and the IP communications infrastructure necessary for deployment. Combining these individual solutions into one tightly integrated, end-to-end business communications solution — Nokia
Call Connect for Cisco — enables the mobilization of your workforce in a controlled and secure manner, while leveraging your Cisco Wireless LAN (WLAN) and IP communications infrastructure. The increased integration of mobile phones into your converged network and back office systems facilitates better management of CAPEX and operational costs, and can position you to take advantage of the next generation of voice applications. When you extend your Cisco Unified Communications functionality to Nokia Eseries devices, you acquire the power to drive-up device functionality and employee productivity—while driving down mobile phone communication costs. Using this end-to-end solution, dual-mode Nokia Eseries devices are capable of both cellular and IP communications via a Cisco Unified WLAN network, with access to advanced phone features and functionality provided by Cisco Unified CallManager and Cisco Unified CallManager Express.
Opportunities for time and cost savings, as well as customer service improvements, include:
- The ability to reduce mobile service fees and improve control over telecommunications costs by allowing employees to utilize private WLAN networks instead of cellular networks in the home office, at a satellite office, and at home with mobile VPN
- Extending to Nokia mobile phones an array of popular call features that are traditionally available only on desktop phones—including abbreviated extension dialing, multi-party conference calling, call transfer, and hold
- Automatically routing desk phone business calls to Nokia Eseries devices, reducing the incidence of missed calls and helping customers reach staff faster and more easily. In addition, employees can route their cellular calls to their business voice mail when this is supported by the operator
- Least cost routing that supports free internal calls when onsite and calling abroad without roaming fees when registered to the Cisco CallManager over the WLAN
- The ability to meet regulatory compliance by leveraging the corporate voice infrastructure for call recording
- Improved in-building coverage and availability, provided by routing telephony services through the WLAN when the mobile network is unavailable or service is unreliable
Supported Nokia mobile devices
Nokia Client Software
Supported Cisco Infrastructure
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.1x
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.2
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.x
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.x
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 4.1
- Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business
- Cisco WLAN Infrastructure with Cisco Compatible Extensions, release 3
VPN is optional for remote access
Efficiently Leverage Existing IT Infrastructure and Provide Compelling ROI
The simple installation of Nokia Intellisync Call Connect for Cisco on Nokia Eseries devices enables integration with Cisco Unified CallManager and Cisco Unified CallManager Express and comprehensive IP over WLAN business voice communications solutions. The Nokia Intellisync Call Connect for Cisco client supports SCCP (Skinny Client Control Protocol), a Cisco protocol used between Cisco Unified CallManager and endpoint devices, as well as Cisco Compatible Extensions for interoperability with Cisco’s WLAN. Nokia Intellisync Call Connect for Cisco and Nokia E-series devices enable you to leverage your existing Cisco WLAN and Cisco Unified Communications solution investment, as well as to provide more robust functionality for mobile users.
Scalable to Meet the Needs of Your Organization
Nokia Call Connect for Cisco easily scales to meet the needs of a small office, branch office, or large corporation, delivering cost-effective IP communications functionality to Nokia Eseries devices. Cisco Unified CallManager offers a unique, distributable architecture that enables multiple Cisco Unified CallManager servers to be clustered and managed as a single entity, supporting up to 30,000 users per cluster—complete with load balancing and call processing service redundancy. Multiple clusters can be interlinked to increase support for up to one million users. And for small offices, branch offices, and mid-sized businesses, Cisco Unified CallManager Express provides up to 240 users with cost-effective, reliable, feature-rich IP communications capabilities that are simple to deploy, administer, and maintain.
In combination with Nokia Mail for Exchange synchronizes your business's Microsoft Exchange accounts so employees can use their Microsoft Exchange inbox, calendar and contacts on their Nokia mobile devices.
Nokia and Cisco deliver advanced enterpriseclass features that secure IP communications over WLAN through WLAN-based authentication and encryption protocol. Mobile VPN also provides secure access to the compatible company network for traveling employees.
Intellisync Device Management
Intellisync Device Management is a multi-platform mobile device management solution designed from the ground-up to comprehensively and cost-effectively manage multiple aspects of your mobile deployment. The solution is fully interoperable with Nokia Intellisync Call Connect for Cisco.
Nokia Eseries Devices
The Nokia Eseries business devices integrate the Nokia Intellisync Call Connect client for Cisco Unified CallManager and Cisco Unified CallManager Express, and support add-on email solutions such as Intellisync Mobile Suite or Nokia Mail for Exchange, to provide access to popular business applications from a single mobile device.